Most business owners shudder at the thought of creating a marketing campaign but the truth is that it’s simply not a scary endeavor to indulge and is neither complicated or a time-consuming process as is the general view amongst people. A well-planned marketing campaign can take you places and spark a new interest in your business and significantly boost your sales in the long run. Many people ask, what exactly is a marketing campaign and how should it look like and also if a marketing plan the same as a marketing campaign? This post looks to give a quick overview of creating a successful marketing campaign for your business.
So, what is a marketing campaign?
A marketing campaign can be defined as a tactical and focused initiative that is created to achieve a specific goal of the business. This is not to be confused with a marketing plan whose focus is to furnish a strategy based on the business’ goals and objectives over a period of time. There are a number of factors that need to be considered before initiating a marketing campaign for your business. Given below is a list of the same:
• Picking the target audience and determining the people you want to attract your products.
• Setting the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for your business like what do you plan on accomplishing via your campaign and how would you go about measuring the performance metrics.
• Determining the offers and incentives that you have planned for your customers.
• Identifying the channels to promote and market your campaign.
• Creating an optimized landing page which can be through your website and social media page.
• Tracking and measuring results for the campaign initiated by you.
1. Picking your target audience:
It is necessary to find the market segment and demographics you wish to target. A good way to reach your target audience is to understand their challenges and learning to solve them. Try and create a buyer’s persona in detail and note it down to a Targeted audience.
2. Setting the Key Performance indicators:
Your marketing campaign can have different outcomes like generating leads, increasing visitors to your website or increasing the visibility and engagement on your page. Whatever your requirements are, there is a need to set goals and KPI’s that will help determine the success of your campaign.
3. Determining the offers and incentives:
Decide on the incentive you will be shelling out as per your campaign plan. This could be anything from giving discounts, free trials to offering cashback. These offers need to go with the kind of product you have on offer.
4. Identifying the channels:
Identify the different channels your campaign will be using to attract the audience towards your product. This can include a multitude of alternatives to social media, email marketing, free sampling, search engines etc.
5. Create an optimized landing page:
Create a specific landing page while executing your market campaign. Keep your focus on the visitor of your page and what you would like them to do there. Ensure that your landing page aligns with the ad you have posted so they stop a minute and actually look at it.
6. Tracking and measuring results:
Have a defined metric for measuring success like the number of sales completed by your sales team and the number of leads you have managed to generate. Upon completion of your campaign, determine if you have met your goals or if your offer has satisfied your target audience. Also, if there would be a need for another campaign.
Developing a marketing campaign doesn’t come easy and there is a need for business owners to evaluate all variables before deciding on a particular campaign.